Monday, September 22, 2008

9/22/08

The first day of fall. You would never know it here. It is still as hot as hell. Even when I walk out the door at 5:30 in the morning to go to the gym. The heat and humidity slap you in the face like a cruel high school joke. When oh when will we get that break? When will that first crisp morning arrive? Not soon enough I tell you.

Yesterday I thoroughly enjoyed myself as I watched the Miami Dolphins (my home team) deliver a proper flogging of the New England Patriots like none I have ever witnessed. What a joy to hear their fans booing them off the field for their little half time break. Did linebacker Joey Porter have some kind of premonition we didn't know about? When he started trash talking earlier in the week I was like "Oh shit, here we go. Our fate is sealed already" But, to my amazement, Porter put his words into action and handed Pats QB Matt Cassel back to the fans on a silver platter. Oh what a joyous day for us long suffering Phins fans. Like the ads say, "It's a new beginning." A new beginning indeed!



(photo credit: Matt Stone)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home