Monday, September 22, 2008

A little trip down memory lane.

Every other Sunday I go over to my dad's house to clean for him. He still lives in the same house I grew up in. Seems a lot smaller now that I am all grown up. I was dusting an end table and as I moved it, I saw that it had a door on it so I opened it up to see if anything was inside. Well lucky me there was. An old photo album and a large envelope with loose photographs in it. A find like this is like hitting the jackpot. So many good memories come flooding back. So of course I brought them home and started the task of scanning them into my computer. Most of them that I have done so far are from the early 1970's. Boy, what a comical time that was for fashion and interior design. But there is one photo I found that I want to share with you all. I don't know where it was taken but it is of my mother and I. In this photo I just love everything about it from the still flowering Poinsettia plants to her savvy outfit (it must have been a warm February that year in 1971) and even her handbag. To me, my mother looked beautiful and radiant. I suppose a lot of it too was the fact she had her hair down which was a rare sight even when I was older. She may have had it long but always kept it up some how.

January will be 3 years that she has been gone. Finding things like this make me miss her even more. I hated myself for that period of time I was a bit ashamed of my parents sometime because they were older than my friends parents (mom was 35 and dad was 39 when they had me) But peer pressure is a very hard thing to handle in those awkward "tween" years. It wasn't until my mid 20's that I really got my head back on straight and really appreciated my parents and all that they did for me. And trust me, being an only child and a girl, they did a LOT. So mom, if you are reading this....here is to you... I love you and miss you. And you are still beautiful to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home