Saturday, September 27, 2008

A little bit about the MAC

I suppose if I am going to be writing here on a regular basis and start leaving my link in whoever's blog I comment in I guess I should leave a little bit of info here so that way if anyone ever decides to stop in and see who I am they will get to know a little bit about me.

First of all, about my name. AndiMAC. Simple enough. Andi is a nickname I first got from my dad when I was just a little tyke. I didn't really use it much out side the homestead though. I was a tomboy but not THAT much of a tomboy. Then about 10 years ago I was working in a place where there was already a girl with my name so I had to go by Andi at the work place so clients wouldn't get us confused. Luckily now, I am back to my full name. And the MAC part, well that's just to appease my girly girl side. I just adore MAC cosmetics. For me, the lipglass lasts all day (or at least until I eat lunch) and their liquid liners come in so many cool colors. I just cannot resist.

I was born and raised in South Florida. Still live in the same city I grew up in. Actually, it's a great city and everything I need is within a 5 mile radius. I am an only child so you can imagine I am also a spoiled princess. Yes, I guess I was to some extent. Definitely middle class blue collar but really I wasn't ever denied much. I had a pretty good childhood and lots of good memories (well except when I was bad and got the belt across my ass).



My Dad lives less than 10 minutes away. He lives in the house I grew up in. My mom passed away about two and a half years ago. I'm still adjusting to her not being here. So it's just me and him. All my relatives live up in the Northeast so if I ever want to see anyone I have to go up there. Mostly on my mom's side though. She was one of 7 kids. My dad has two sisters. One of them is in Alabama now after living in Hawaii for a lot of years (my uncle was in the Air Force) I remember when I was 15 years old one summer (85) we went there for Summer vacation. I do believe it was the best vacation of my life so far. Maybe one day I can go back and check out some of the other islands but there are so many other places I'd like to get to first.

I have been a nail tech for 19 years (gosh, it seems like yesterday) Right now I work in an Aveda lifestyle salon. I only do manicures and pedicures. I do sometimes miss doing acrylics but it does take its toll on the hands. I am trying to learn gels as an alternative because there is no odor. Actually I have learned, it's just practicing now to get my technique down. All in good time. Eight years ago I went back to school and became a massage therapist. I do love it very much but it is a hard occupation as it is very physical. I just haven't found my niche yet with massage because there are so many different kinds of massage to be done. Also, last year I sprained my knee real bad so that sidelined doing massage for awhile. I'm getting it back to working order but just need to figure out what I want to do (decisions, decisions) I really love my job, where I work, and the people I work with. I consider myself very lucky in that respect. We're not always a perfect family but I wouldn't trade them for the world.

I like going to the gym. I get up at 5am four times a week to do spinning and on three of those days I try to do weights as well. It took me a long time to get to this point. I have been a member of my gym since 1994 and finally now I go more on than off where it used to be the reverse. Was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, I don't know, maybe about 5 years ago or so and I am trying to fight it every step of the way because I really don't want to end up having to give myself insulin shots like my mom did. The food thing is still hard for me because I don't like to food shop or cook. I try to eat as "clean" as I can but then I fall off the wagon. But at least I pick myself up and get myself back ON the wagon.

That's all for now. It's getting late and the eyelids are getting heavy. I try to get to the juicy stuff next time (my boring love life)

Peace out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home