Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Crappy love life?

Yeah, that's what I still call it. Nothing really happening (still) Back in March I joined a new online dating site. It was good because the men there weren't the same ones I was seeing from all the other sites I HAD been on. But in the 6 months I've been on there I've met 4 men (one guy I went out with twice) One of them had real potential despite living an hour North of me but it fizzled out when his true colors did (I think I will back away when someone tells me they've been in recovery) Not that I really have anything against anyone in recovery but I think it's a little different when you've done hard drugs as opposed to alcohol. I mean his brain was absolutely fried and he was so off and on I had anxiety attacks from it....

Ok moving on.....so about a month and a half ago I starting talking to this nice man in Ohio. He reminds me a lot of Richard Gere. Things are going quite well and actually will be here in 2 weeks for us to see each other. I am not at all scared or nervous to meet this man or to invite him into my home. What I am scared of is breaking his heart should this not work out. In a way, I feel as if I am psyching myself out for this to fail and I don't know why. Well maybe I do know why a little bit. He lives in Ohio, he has two young daughters. That would be a lot to take on...and it intimidates me. I try to see the positives of moving (if that were to happen) I'd be closer to family and some friends I have up in that direction. But the kid thing....that is really starting to scare me the more I think about it. Sure I like kids....but on a regular basis? And his ex is about 10-15 minutes away. I guess those are the issues one has to deal with when you're in the "older" set. People have already been married once or twice and have had kids....

Oh yeah and Dutch guy... he isn't totally out of the picture either.... More on that later.....

3 Comments:

At October 6, 2009 at 4:50 PM , Blogger LERMONTOV said...

W00T! Sounds like you have things going on!!

 
At October 7, 2009 at 7:39 AM , Blogger Doug said...

If I ever get a love life, I'll let you know if it's crappy ;-)

 
At October 9, 2009 at 9:25 PM , Blogger tamale said...

Hey Andi. I feel you on the kids thing. I meet guys with kids and I know myself. I need attention and a guy with kids will always put you second, and then there is the baby mama issue - the ones in denial who cannot stand anyone the man is dating. And all the other drama that comes with it. I swear, who woulda thought dating would be THIS hard!!!??? I was wonering about Dutch guy...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home