Thursday, January 1, 2009

1-1-09

The more I do the date thing as my blog entry title, the more I like it. I am lazy by nature so it kind of suits me.

Well folks, it's a new year and this is a new blog (sort of) I think I opened this one in 07 (don't really remember why) but I am glad I did. For those of you not in the know, I was a part of a blogging community called Journalspace for five and a half years. Well, a week or two ago, the site admin had informed us that not one, but BOTH the drives containing all of it's members lives had crashed. Apparently, it was being sent out to a company who specializes in fixing these kinds of things. Then a week later it was reported to us that the drives could not be saved and pretty much all our histories were "lost in the fire".

I have mixed emotions on so many levels. I think I was in some way prepared to never see my pages again because well, it was a 50/50 shot it would be fixed. Then of course, some of the naysayers are bringing up different points of view making me think Hmmmmm, I smell a lot of BULLSHIT. Then there are people who are telling us different ways we can try and recover what we lost (all of which have not worked for me) But in the end, I don't think even if I did find my old journal that I would save it. Maybe some of it but most of it was (to me) just mindless fluff. I know for sure I would love to go back and visit it one more time maybe just to say a proper goodbye I suppose for closure issues, but then I would turn away and walk off into the sunset.

So here I am now filling pages here. Will I archive and back up my entries? Probably not. While it is sometimes therapeutic, I don't feel the need to save every little thing. I already have enough problems with that in my real world. I am going to start (agan) this week to de-program myself of this pac rat syndrome I seem to have (won't that be fun).

So welcome my JS friends and family to my temporary (or permanent if we don't find a new community to call home) blog space. Hopefully, I can keep you as boringly entertained as I did before.

XOXOXOXOXO,
AndiMAC

18 Comments:

At January 1, 2009 at 11:27 AM , Blogger Linda said...

Glad to see you here honey! Happy New Year!

 
At January 1, 2009 at 11:34 AM , Blogger BonnieBehave said...

I thought I lost all my entries, but Fitz saved me! Google your journal title and/or your user name. It should bring up a list of links to your stuff.

DON'T try to open the links, they just lead to the dead JS. Click the CACHED link near the address link.

I was able to recover so many entries I didn't want to lose!

Hope that helps!

 
At January 1, 2009 at 12:10 PM , Blogger Doug said...

Happy New Year, Andi. 2009 without JS, what a concept :-)

 
At January 1, 2009 at 1:19 PM , Blogger becomingkate said...

I'm getting pretty good at changing from a pack rat (my mom taught me this, because she was born in 1929 and HER mom taught her)
Now I like to go through my "stuff" often.
Happy New Year Andi!

 
At January 1, 2009 at 1:53 PM , Blogger Bagpuss said...

I will miss JS, but I am beginning to like it here.
Happy new year.

 
At January 1, 2009 at 4:19 PM , Blogger Sacrificial-Doll said...

I was heartbroken when it first happened. I lost everything. But really.. none of it was worthy of being saved. I have a feeling that with the way everyone is finding others that this may end up being our new home.

I find the whole "drives crashing" story crap. I don't buy it. I think that the site wasn't making enough money to keep its head above the water, and the administrator was tired of filling the gaps with his own cash. Running a website can be draining --financially and emotionally.

I suppose it was just time for all of us to start over again fresh. So, here's to a fresh start.

Happy New Year!!

 
At January 1, 2009 at 4:37 PM , Blogger paulafrances said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At January 1, 2009 at 4:37 PM , Blogger paulafrances said...

Hi andimac, I'm glad I found you!

 
At January 1, 2009 at 6:45 PM , Blogger lowandslow said...

Hi Andrea. I've been reading you for several days now but couldn't leave a comment. Now that I have an account here, I won't read and run anymore. Hope you had a great New Year. :)

S

 
At January 1, 2009 at 8:06 PM , Blogger Sunny said...

Happy New Year, Andi :)

We have new blogging homes too.

Yeah, I think most all of my JS stuff was mainly fluff stuff, too.

I'm going to try googling and cache-ing it, lol. See if I come up with anything interesting.

 
At January 1, 2009 at 8:50 PM , Blogger Cin said...

Happy New Year Andi:)

 
At January 2, 2009 at 7:01 AM , Blogger Sally said...

Hey Andi, good to see you. I know we were over at JS for quite some time. It is a shame what happened, but I kind of like it here. Only thing I don't like is my inability to alter my layout. And of course, the fact that I lost all my entries from 2 diffent journals over at JS. :( Oh well...Hope 2009 is the best year yet! :)

 
At January 2, 2009 at 7:26 AM , Blogger doanli said...

Glad you're here blogging, Andi!

And how about those 'Phins? :)

 
At January 2, 2009 at 10:27 AM , Blogger saint-sinner said...

Hey, andi! Glad to have caught up with you here. It's not Js, but I suppose it'll do.

Hop you have a wonderful 2009!

 
At January 2, 2009 at 11:18 AM , Blogger AK™ said...

hey chica..

 
At January 2, 2009 at 12:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

The crash may have been plausible, but the data being overwritten doesn't hold water.

They could have shut it down in the new year if they wanted, but at least they could have given us warning!

Either way, we all have to start over. Happy New Year!

-BigGirlLost

 
At January 2, 2009 at 6:00 PM , Blogger Sammi said...

Happy New Year!
Just stopped by to say that my contacts are dry and I'm seeing blurry, and when I saw your name in my Favorites list, I thought it said Andimaniac! Ha!!

 
At January 2, 2009 at 7:10 PM , Blogger In Joy said...

Hey girl!

Nice to see you on here. It's the former QueenofSky! I'm glad I jumped ship a few months back. Have to say I'm kind of glad to have a clean slate and all my JS baggage gone. It's good to start off the New Year with no baggage...good feng shui, too!

Best!

-Ellen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home