Monday, October 11, 2010

mid weekend

So I am almost at the end of my 3 day weekend. Sunday I volunteered at the local Aveda Institute. They had a cut-a-thon and also were offering mani/pedi's and 30 minute massage. 100% of the proceeds went to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. I had a good time and made a few new clients to boot. Today was chiropractor day and then in the afternoon I had to take Dad to the dentist. He lost a tooth on Thursday. And wouldn't you know, we get there today and I forgot to bring it. Well turns it the dentist wasn't going to be able to use it anyways. So he has to go back on Wednesday and he will get whatever was left under the crown pulled out.. Oh boy, I wonder how that will go. I will be at work and who knows how this will all go down. I have public transportation coming to pick him up and take him home. This will be a real test. Jeez, I didn't think about all this stuff before. Like will he remember to lock the door and stuff?

He just came over and informed me my typing is making too much noise and the neighbors are going to complain. This is what I have to deal with people.... Sigh.... Good night all.

3 Comments:

At October 12, 2010 at 6:12 AM , Blogger Fijufic said...

You love your father....

I'm so sorry you have to bear this burden. You are doing the absolute best thing you can do for him and I'm going to say I am so damn proud.

It is an honor to know you.

Love,
Bobby

 
At October 26, 2010 at 10:12 AM , Blogger Burstmodes said...

dads...they are worth every bit of the effort but they sure can be crochety about it. Mine lost his leg this past summer, thought for sure he would not make it to the fall but he has and is in a lot better mood now that he has adjusted.

Michael

 
At November 1, 2010 at 12:09 PM , Blogger Carolina Girl said...

Hi! I am hoping you remember me from JS. I would love to follow your blog but I didn't see a 'follow" button. Look forward to catching up. "Cutie" (Linda)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home