Thursday, January 15, 2009

1-15-09

Good morning my lovelies. It's a good day so far. Today's workout was really good. It's nice when we have an even number of people come in so that way we can work out in pairs. It feels so much more effective that way.

I was a little off put though when I came online to read everyone. I have a blog friend who isn't from JS and she posted something about one of her peeps who has been fighting cancer for awhile but has come to the point where she is in Hospice and has decided to go home and just be with her family while whatever happens happens. I never had read her before but I felt compelled to just go and leave a comment of support. Friday the 2nd was the three year anniversary of my mom's death and my dad is a survivor (leukemia) and I felt a connection with this stranger. But as humans, I just felt I had to say something to let her know her life was not lived in vain. It was kind of weird because as I landed on her page even before I started reading, the tears started flowing. I dont know if it's because I'm closing in on middle age or what. But I find myself crying at the drop of a hat. Like when I watched that PS I love you movie and I cried through the whole thing. It's crazy. I remember the days when I was on Lexapro and I couldn't cry to save my life.

That all said, luckily that sadness didn't overtake my morning. I feel good and for the most part pretty awake. I had a good breakfast and the weather (again) is amazing. Not trying to brag (ok maybe I am) but this Fall/Winter has been pretty amazing so far. Except for a couple of weeks where it was in the mid 80s (ugh too hot) But to be honest, I could do with a good dose of cold and snow. I may try to make a trip somewhere so I can escape. Makes me appreciate where I live so that way I don't take this awesome weather for granted.


funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

8 Comments:

At January 15, 2009 at 7:26 AM , Blogger Fijufic said...

Good morning Andrea!!!

 
At January 15, 2009 at 9:36 AM , Blogger becomingkate said...

I find that tears come more easily since I was about 35, or 36. Bill hates tears (I think that he thinks they're manipulative)
Anyway, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.

 
At January 15, 2009 at 12:07 PM , Blogger greeneyes67 said...

I have days like that too. And those anniversaries, well they are hard. No matter how long it's been I think. I still cry for my Mom and it's been 10 years.

Good for you on the working out! I think I pushed it too hard today, I am so sore now! Oh well... Have a good day Andi.

 
At January 15, 2009 at 1:58 PM , Blogger tamale said...

A friend at work - his mum died this morning. She found out she had cancer 6 mths ago. It is so sad and I pray for your friend and my other friend's dad as well, who has cancer of the mouth. Glad you pushed through the day with a happy spirit though.

 
At January 15, 2009 at 3:24 PM , Blogger doanli said...

I love your kittehs' photos. :)

I'm sorry to hear your mom is not with you anymore. *hug*

 
At January 15, 2009 at 8:28 PM , Blogger AK™ said...

love the LOLcat
reminds me of Full Metal Jacket.

 
At January 15, 2009 at 11:50 PM , Blogger Maggsworld said...

It always brings tears to my eye and melts me inside when people fight so hard and lose the fight for life. I feel for them and for those around them even if I hardly know them. Have a wondrous day.

 
At January 16, 2009 at 12:00 AM , Blogger LERMONTOV said...

Glad that the workout was good on an otherwise bleak day.
Cat photo is v cute

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home