Monday, January 12, 2009

Today was a pretty good day.

So I went to the new Chiro today. I originally met him before the holidays at the salon I work in. He goes to my boss to get his hair done and went to school with one of my co-workers. First he worked on my knee and then we did some acupuncture to sort out some underlying problems that maybe are causing the knee not to function correctly. I am so fascinated by acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM for short) and the use of supplements. I am really trying to make my body as chemical free as I can. So pretty much it has been determined that I have a sluggish thyroid (which I kind of knew for the most part) Now the plan of action is to try for about 3-6 weeks a diet rich in protiens and no breads. Now that doesn't mean I'm cutting carbs, it means anything with gluten in it. I can still eat oatmeal and things. There is a special bread call Ezekial bread that I think is flourless. So no more cereal (my comfort food) no more wheat bread, none of that stuff. This is really going to be a challenge. I'm just thankful I'm not one of those people who can't ever eat it, meaning if they do, they get really sick. Im just doing this as a way to get my thyroid working properly again after so many years of eating like crap. He didn't say I couldn't have dairy but I will have to see what's on the list he is sending me of foods I can eat during this time.

So, finally a breakthrough.....I felt so positive after my appointment today. And THEN, I come home and find that my old blogging home has been ressurected from the ashes. I was totally blown away and very happy to read that. I've been over there tweaking and fine tuning so it's just a matter of time till things feel like home again.

SO yeah, today was a pretty good day indeed!


cat
more animals

6 Comments:

At January 12, 2009 at 6:32 PM , Blogger greeneyes67 said...

Good for you for going this route! I think nutrition plays such a huge role in everything. I feel much better now that I'm taking vitamins and cutting sugar down. I swear my depression is gone. It will work for you. I'm glad for you Andi..

 
At January 12, 2009 at 8:47 PM , Blogger BonnieBehave said...

I always feel better when I stick with lean proteins, veggies, fruits, and good carbs. :)

 
At January 13, 2009 at 6:16 PM , Blogger Linda said...

Nutrition is key to good health. I'm doing clean eating and I feel so much better. I love Ezekiel bread (try the sesame one)...I prefer it toasted...they also have Ezekiel English muffins, wraps and bagels. I am so proud of you for taking good care of yourself.

 
At January 14, 2009 at 1:23 AM , Blogger LERMONTOV said...

Nice layout

 
At January 14, 2009 at 6:59 AM , Blogger doanli said...

I need to go back to the chiro; I didn't know there were combos either (chiro/accupuncturist) Wow. :)

I am glad you are feeling wonderful.

Dunno about the new JS yet...

 
At January 14, 2009 at 6:42 PM , Blogger saint-sinner said...

Got a chiro appointment on Friday morning!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home